How to write a personal essay?
What is a personal essay? This type of essay has a purpose of revealing the personality of the applicant for a graduate education in a certain field of study. Ordinarily, the applicant is expected to include his personal history and experiences that were vital for this specific educational choice. Personal narrative essays are not limited by the instruction but the author should be very attentive to all the details revealed as an essay that tells too much is as ineffective as an essay that provides not enough information about the applicant. This essay is supposed to present the applicant’s personality to people who have never met him and that is the reason it is very important to be objective in order to make the people reading the essay understand that the applicant by no means is exaggerating.
Writing a Personal essay
Writing a personal narrative essay requires a lot of intellectual thinking from the applicant, as his goal is to persuade the committee that he is their most appealing variant. Before beginning the creation of a personal essay it is necessary to point out its base lines.
- Factors that will the committee’s evaluation correct (experiences that will help them to understand the applicant better).
- Traits that set the applicant apart from the rest and make him be perceived in a more adequate and favorable manner.
- Reasons that made the applicant choose this specific field and that potentially will reinforce his interest in it.
- Reveal what knowledge the applicant already possesses in this field of knowledge.
- The applicant’s career aspirations.
- Skills and personal characteristics that are very valuable in the given field.
- Reasons to make the committee choose this applicant.
Tips for an effective personal narrative essay
- Be truthful, including information and experiences that happened in reality.
- Take your time to prepare your thoughts before writing a personal essay
- If you are given directions make sure you follow them word by word
- Be brief. Express your thought clearly and without unnecessary detail.
- Make sure the essay is completely connected to you and reflects you absolutely.
- Reveal an aspect that is your best side (a difficult project, a life experience).
- Be positive and show that you are proud of your present achievements and want to succeed more.
- Exceed the limits of the essay (it will be a prove that you cannot organize your space and cannot express your thought clearly)
- Use broad-based generalizations in your essay.
- Be afraid to express your anxieties (this is what makes you a real intellectually developed person).
- Repeat the information you provided in other papers.
A vast collection of personal essay examples is presented in our database. Each essay sample provided by our custom essay writing service is absolutely free.
Personal essay topics and ideas.
Personal essays can be written on many different topics which aimed to reveal one’s personality. Delicate approach to the choice of a topic or keen understanding of the one topic is the key element of good essay writing.
If you hesitate either on choosing the essay topic or the idea for Personal essay please feel free to contact us and we gladly help you any time you need assistance.
Personal essay Samples
A vast collection of Personal essay samples is presented in our database. Each Personal essay example provided by our custom essay writing service is absolutely free.