How to write a narrative essay?
Writing a narrative essay is basically writing a story connected with personal experiences. The key element of a narrative essay is a defined point of view presented in the paper and delivered through sharing emotions and sensory details with the reader. As a narrative essay is always a reflection of a personal experience of the author and that is the reason it often has the form of a story and also often becomes a personal narrative essay.
If the author decides to write a narrative essay in a form of a story it is crucial to keep in mind the model of storytelling:
A narrative essay explains the point of view that the author claims in the opening statement and confirms in the conclusion of the paper.
A type of an essay known as a descriptive narrative essay very often has the form of a book report which gets the reader acquainted with the book’s plot, the characters of the book and their actions. This type of narrative essay analyzes the message of the book and its purpose.
The narrative essay format
narrative essayis build on two main principles:
- It has no restrictions considering in what person is should be written, nevertheless, often it is written from the first person and therefore the “I” sentences are allowed.
- This type of essay is to make a deep emotional impression on the reader through the technique of using concrete and sensory details as the dominant of the paper.
A narrative essay idea can be taken from many sources like books, articles and personal experiences. This is primarily because every single book, article or personal thought has a point of view it tries to deliver to the reader.
Narrative Essay Topics
It is possible to choose a narrative essay topic from a great variety, for example:
- Getting my first dollar
- My favorite day in the year
- My best friend
- The biggest mistake I have ever made
- The most embarrassing moment in my life
- My happiest vocation