American History Essay
Writing an essay on American History
Taking a course of American History students meet many tasks like writing an essay on various questions about American history. In this article well give you some information about good essay writing on historical questions.
The first key to success is correct understanding of the question, getting the aim of the essay: discuss, trace, compare and contrast, describe, evaluate the problem, meaning of this or that historical event, document, personality etc.
The introduction should have strong Thesis Statement which answers the question of your essay on American history.
In the The Body of History essay you should say about facts which prove your Thesis Statement.
The conclusion of essay need be a summarizing paragraph where you say that your body had proved a Thesis Statement.
Did You find this Useful?
Get 50% off Lifetime Discount :)
American History Essay Questions:
- Pre-Colonial America period.
- Archaeological and geological evidence of United States population by people migrating from Asia via the Bering land bridge starting some 20,000 years ago, now called Native Americans.
- Cultures thrived in the Americas the Puebloans (Aztec) in the southwest and the Adena Culture in the east. was independently developed Agriculture in the eastern United States as early as 2500 BC.
- Leif Erikson -The first European contact with the Americas was with the Vikings in the year 1000. established a short-lived settlement called Vinland in present day Newfoundland. It would be another 500 years before European contact would be made again.
- Muslim explorers from Islamic Spain and Northwest Africa may have travelled in expeditions across the Atlantic to the Americas between the 9th and 14th centuries.
- Colonial Americahistorical period questions Period of Exploration by various European countries, Dutch, Spanish, English, French, Swedish, and Portuguese settlements
- Spanish exploration and settlement essays. Juan Ponce de Leon, who landed in 1513 at a lush shore he christened La Florida. The first permanent European settlement in the continental United States at St. Augustine, Florida, in 1565 and later Santa Fe, New Mexico, San Antonio, Tucson, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Most Spanish settlements were along the California coast or the Sante Fe River in New Mexico.
- French colonization (1652-1803) New France and Fort Caroline. History essay on French settlers in America.
- English/British Colonial America (1493-1776) questions. English colonists in the 17th century, along with much smaller numbers of Dutch and Swedes.British policy of the development of an American spirit distinct from that of its European founders. New England was founded primarily by Puritans who established the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1629. Establishment of the last of the Thirteen Colonies in 1733 by English settlement south of Virginia- the Province of Carolina, with Georgia Colony
This American History Essay rubric includes essays samples for you convenience. Each example of American History Essays rubric provided by our custom essays writing service Custom-Essays.org is absolutely free.